When it comes to luxurious crystal jewellery, the mastery of Swarovski is second to none. With an enduring passion for innovation and design, the brand delivers extraordinary everyday styles to women all around the globe.
Suppose you are the proud owner of a few select Swarovski items. In that case, you can attest to the fact that the high quality, luxury, and elegance of Swarovski jewellery and accessories is remarkable. The million-dollar question is: how to clean a Swarovski bracelet right at home instead of going over to the jewellers for regular cleaning.
In this article, we will tell you how you can keep your Swarovski bracelet spick and span in a few simple and easy to follow DIY steps.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Clean a Swarovski bracelet – Step-by-Step Guide
You may have tried in the past to clean your diamond rings and earrings. However, genuine Swarovski crystals make stunning jewellery and keeping your Swarovski elements clean can be a challenge. Usually, the stainless steel is rhodium-plated or rose gold plated, limiting which jewellery cleaning methods you can apply safely.
However, there are a few simple strategies that you can use to clean a Swarovski bracelet. There are two methods for cleaning the mesh tennis bracelets.
- Light Cleaning and General Maintenance
- Dish Soap Method for Deep Cleaning
Dry Cloth Cleaning Method
Whether you stack your bracelets, match the metals for a modern take, or stick to one shade, you won’t exude a classy, exuberant look if your bracelets are not clean. Here’s how to keep your Swarovski crystal jewellery clean.
Things You Will Need
- Cotton Gloves
- Lint-Free Dry Cloth
- Place a clean cloth on a flat table. Take your bracelet out and place it on a soft cloth. This will ensure that your bracelet doesn’t get scratched.
- Wear cotton gloves when you handle the bracelets. Since Swarovski bracelets are very delicate, fingerprints will show up on the gemstones if you handle them with your bare hands. This will give them an unclean, dull look.
- With a lint-free cloth, gently polish the crystals on the bracelet. Make sure that you are polishing each crystal individually—Polish the crystals in a circular motion.
- Keep polishing the jewellery until the entire bracelet is clean and sparkling. If the bracelet still looks dirty or dull, then you should use the wet cleaning method that we have discussed below.
Cleaning the Swarovski bracelet with Mild Dish Soap
If, after dry cleaning the bracelet with a lint-free cloth, your bracelet still looks dirty, you can use this method. However, as you know, Swarovski crystals are very delicate. In case you use a harsh chemical detergent, the bracelet will end up getting damaged.
Therefore, we recommend that you use this method occasionally since doing this regularly can wear off the thin protective coating on the crystals. If your bracelet is still dirty after using this method – which is very unlikely – then you can take it in for professional cleaning.
Things You Will Need
- Soft Bristle Toothbrush
- Dish Soap
- Small Bowl
- Lint-Free Towel
- Take some water in a small bowl. Make sure that the water is lukewarm and not boiling. Hot water can damage the bracelet, and that is certainly not our goal, is it?
- Moisten the toothbrush in the bowl. Simply dip the brush in the water and moisten the bristles.
- Apply a few drops of the mild, pH-neutral dish cleaning soap to the brush. The dish cleaner should be eco-friendly and mild; otherwise, it will cause more harm than good in the long run.
- Carefully and gently, use the toothbrush to clean the bracelet. Don’t scrub the bracelet and the crystals very harshly. Gently, move the brush in a circular motion and clean the dirt away.
Clean one crystal at a time for best results. When one part of the bracelet is clean, move on to the next.
- Wash the bracelet with warm water to rinse the soap away. You can wash the bracelet in a bowl of water or under the tap in your sink. Since the bracelet will be slippery, make sure that you have a drain plug in place in case you drop the bracelet.
- With a soft, lint-free cloth, dry the crystals. Lay the bracelet out until it is thoroughly dry. Don’t use a hairdryer to dry the bracelet – let it air dry. Once it is dry, you can wear it or store it in its protective bag or jewellery organisers for later use.
Voila! Your chic, elegant, and stylish bracelet is as good as new!
Swarovski bracelets Care Instructions
Swarovski fashion jewellery is very delicate as it is made with love, care, and passion. Each Swarovski crystal is set individually, and the silver-tone metal is plated carefully. Therefore, you have to take special care of it. Here are some tips that will make your Swarovski bracelets last for a long time.
- Keep the bracelets in their original packaging. If you don’t have the original packaging, you can keep them in a soft pouch to avoid scratches. Double wrap them in a soft cloth. What’s more, keep the bracelet away from other jewellery pieces to prevent tangles, scratches, etc.
- Polish the bracelets with a soft cloth. This will help maintain its original shine and lustrous finish.
- Remove the bracelets before you wash your hands, swim, or apply any products – lotion, soap, perfume, etc. If you don’t, this will damage the metal and decrease the life of the metal plating.
Most swimming pools have chlorine in them, and there are chemicals in hot tubs as well. These chemicals can tarnish the thin plating that gives lustre to the Swarovski bracelet. Moreover, it will cause discolouration, loss of crystal balance, and a few other issues as well.
- When dressing, put on the bracelet last. Like we mentioned above, makeup products can tarnish the bracelet. So don’t put on the bangles before applying lotion, perfume, makeup, hairspray, etc. On the other hand, when undressing, take off the bracelet first.
- Avoid knocking the bracelet against hard objects since doing this can chip or scratch the Swarovski crystal. If your bracelet is dirty, don’t try to scratch or scrape off the dirt from the Swarovski bracelet since you may end up scratching the plating. Use the safe cleaning tips that we have mentioned above.
- Don’t use sonic cleaners, commercial jewellery cleaners, or boiling water to clean your bracelets. Commercial jewellery cleaners have alcohol or ammonia that can damage the protective coating on the stainless steel bracelet.
Hot water can have a similar effect on the Swarovski elements. Therefore, stick to the cleaning tips that we have mentioned above for the best results.
Who doesn’t love making a statement with the wide range of sterling silver crystal mesh bracelets that Swarovski offers? All the Swarovski elements are spellbinding, from their iconic Tennis Deluxe designs to adjustable styles for a perfect fit.
However, many of us forget that no cuff bracelet, stud earrings, or choker, even one that is as remarkable as a Swarovski, will withstand the harshness of time and ageing if you don’t take proper care of it. With the help of the bracelet care tips that we have mentioned above, you can easily clean a Swarovski bracelet without having to take a trip to the jewellers!
Here’s to a sparkling, dazzling you!