Best 10 Wood Lathes
As Of July 2022
- Proven reliable Clarke technology
- Lightweight construction at just 25 Kgs
- High performace for the home or tradesman
- 400W Powerful Motor: 400W 2.9-amp motor provides more power than most 14-inch wood lathes, voltage: 220V 50Hz. The powerful motor starts softly offering motor's maximize security and low noise.
- 4 Grade Speeds: The adjustable belts can be adjusted with ease and accuracy within 3400 RPM, 1100, 1600, 2300, 3400 RPM available. You can adjust the appropriate speed according to the size of workpieces.
- Large Work Capacity: 40" / 1000 mm distance between centers, cutting diameter 14" / 350 mm. High concentricity makes it more stale. Moving tailstock to adjust proper distances for workpieces.
- The Einhell TC-WW 1000/1 wood lathe is the ideal tool for joining the world of woodturning and for effortlessly turning wood and soft materials into the desired shape. An extra-powerful 400 W motor provides reserves for longer work sessions.
- Workpieces with maximum diameters of 280 millimeters can be worked on using the wood lathe, or can be clamped in the frame, e.g. disks, even up to 350 millimeters. The maximum tip width is 1,000 millimeters.
- It has an easily adjustable tool support for ensuring exact turning results. A tailstock with spindle tip serves as a second element for securing the workpiece.
- HIGH PRECISION: Driven by a 1 HP motor, this miniature metal lathe is designed for high quality precision craftsmanship with spindle accuracy to within 0.0004" (0.01mm). Also, the LCD screen can clearly show the speed and ensure precise and smooth operation
- PROFESSIONAL CROSS SLIDE: Designed with abrasive resistance, moving blades freely with feed rod. 16 TPI reversible leadscrew and V-slide rails with 400mm (16") center to ensure this lathe is durable, turns more accurate and professional.
- 3-JAW CHUCK: 3-jaw self-centering chuck ensures perfect placement without excessive trimming. By changing the angle of the tool column, the positions of inward cutting, end face cutting and bevel cutting can be realized.
- Motor 220 - 240V. 100W. 50/60Hz
- Centre distance of 250mm, 40mm swing
- ariable speed control covering between 1,000 and 5,000rpm
- 【High Efficiency Tool】JOENCOST lathe turning tools is developed for experienced or novice woodworkers. It can keep sharp for a long time. When the tool becomes dull, the tool can be replaced in just a few seconds, without the need to sharpen it. It is a high-efficiency tool.
- 【Value Pack】The carbide turning tools set includes 4 types of tools (rough/detail/finishing/) to meet different grinding needs. Equipped with 1 handle and 1 extension handle at the same time, which can be used alternately. We also thoughtfully prepared a pair of protective gloves to ensure your safety during use.
- 【Dimension and Material】Matched with 4Size Carbide Cutters Inserts(1pcs Square11 × 11 × 2.0mm-30°, 1pcs Round 12 × 2.5mm-30°, 1pcs Round 8.9 × 1.85mm-30°, 1pcs Diamond 10×30mm with Radius Point), We provide high-quality products, hard alloy blades, stainless steel rods, aluminum alloy handles and shells. Everything in this tool set is dynamic and reliable.
- Premium Quality: The Chuck body is made of quality steel. All guideways and bearing surfaces are precisely machined for better performance. It has high strength and toughness, compression resistance and durability, and long service life.
- High Performance Jaws: The chuck jaw is made of Hardened steel. 4 inches each jaw can be adjusted to center with superior gripping force, which improves chuck’s flexibility, clamping most shaped workpieces can also be realized. Round Claw Clamping Range: 2"/55 - 4"/100 mm. Round Claw Support Range: 3.4"/71 - 4.8"/121 mm.
- Precision Highly Polishing: With smooth surface, the lathe chuck is milled by pricing milling skill for high precision and accuracy. Our jaw lathe chuck has an automatic centering function, so it does not need to be repeatedly calibrated during installation.
- Internal jaws tighten around workpieces varying from 1-1/2" to 3" (or 3" Square Block). External jaws spread inside of workpieces with pilot holes ranging from 2" to 3-5/8" Included screw chuck provides even more options for supporting your projects
- 4" sturdy steel body with electric plating for long term anti-rust performance. Both sides of jaw teeth and guides are ground and hardened for long and stable service life. All guideways and bearing surfaces are precisely machined
- Scroll chuck perfect for holding bowls, spindles, and other unwieldy wood lathe projects. Widely used for machine tools and accessories for general lathes and industrial machines
Turn Wood Workpieces Like The Pros With The Best Wood Lathes
Do you want to take a jab at creating beautiful craftsmanships with wood? The hobby of woodturning may not sound familiar to you, but it’s a unique pastime that many people enjoy as you can form any gorgeous wooden decor piece you wish. An essential tool for this crafting hobby is a wood lathe. But, to avoid trial and error, why not let someone expertly guide you through the features to consider? Add a wood router to your collection of power tools and you're on your way to mastering the art of woodworking projects!
Whether you’re an experienced user or someone who’s just starting on their woodturning journey, we’ve got you covered with the most essential things to look for, guaranteed to satisfy you with your purchase. Keep reading below!
- Motor Power: To measure how powerful your wood lathe is, check its horsepower rating (HP). You can find options from ¾ HP to 2 HP. The higher the horsepower, the quicker you will finish your task due to the increased speed. If you’re looking for a lightweight product for your home projects, a ¾ HP will work very well.
- Type: There are different types of wood lathes available out there to match your budget and needs. Based on the size and horsepower, you will find one of three types: mini (also known as bench-tops), midi wood lathes and full-sized ones. Select according to your space constraints, too, as picking a larger model might not fit your work area comfortably.
- Safety Features: Try to choose a wood lathe with additional safety features for extra peace of mind. For durability and stability while operating the lathe, look for cast iron parts on the tool that absorb vibrations from the motor while it’s running. Also, some models have non-slip feet or a secure base for more firm positioning.
- Speed: To understand your wood lathe’s speed, check for the revolutions per minute (RPM). The higher that number is, the more turns per minute on its motor. Many come with variable speed settings ranging from 200 RPMs to 4000 RPMs. Generally, soft materials work best with a slow speed, while more robust materials require a higher rate.
- Capacity: The wood lathe’s work capacity ranges from one model to the other. Look for indicators of the distance between the headstock and tailstock. The range can vary from 12 inches to 40 inches depending on the type (mini, midi, full-sized). The larger the capacity, the longer of a wood piece the lathe can handle. Also, check how wide of a piece a wood lathe can handle as options from 6 to 15 inches (again, depending on the type).
Show off your creativity and craftsmanship by turning wood into elaborate and artful pieces. The best wood lathes are your handy partners for expressing yourself and transforming bland-looking wood into something beautiful. Do you want to try your hand at making kitchen tools or other decorative objects?