Best 10 Train Sets For Kids
As Of July 2022
We did the
Best Toy Train Overall
- Gift it to your kids & let them do the unboxing as it’s simple & effortless to open
- High-tech toy with its app to control it remotely
- Just build it & let it do the rest as it has a Push & Go function
- Create amazing tracks & endless scenarios as you can combine it with many Lego toys
Best Transformable Train Set
- Boost your kids’ imagination as all the pieces can be transformed
- Create a massive track as it’s compatible with all the brand’s products
- The excitement won’t fade away as it comes with 20+ pieces to play with
- Store everything inside the car for taking with you to the park
Top Pick for Boys & Girls
- Boost your children’s cognitive skills as it’s also a puzzle
- It’s 100% eco-friendly with no burr & has high-quality wood for an amazing experience
- It’ll never cease to entertain your kids as it’s compatible with many trains from the brand
- Take it on a trip with you as it’s compact and simple to build
Best Choice for Toddlers
- Your 2-year old can build the track alone as it has magnetic couplings
- Have peace of mind while they play as it’s made to be safe by unbreakable materials
- Ideal for a birthday or a Christmas gift to make your little one happy
- For an extra touch of excitement, the wooden track ascends
Top Pick for its Compatibility
- Build the city of London with your little one & enjoy sightseeing & train activities
- Boost your kid’s creativity whilst you teach them about London
- Use it on the floor, table or playmat as it’s really compact
- Safety comes first as it’s made from durable & responsibly sourced materials
Ideal for Siblings
- Your children will spend hours playing as it has a ferry & multiple trains to play with
- Enhance the cooperation of your kids as it’s big & versatile
- Endless possibilities & scenarios as it’s compatible with all the products from the brand
- Meets all the safety standards as it’s made from FSC sourced beech wood
Top Award-Winning Choice
- Toddlers will spend hours with it as it has many pieces & figures to play with
- A perfect introduction to the world of trains as it’s simple yet educational
- Expand it however you want as it’s compatible with most major wooden rail brands
- Problem-solving & hand-eye coordination; make the best out of it
Create Endless Scenarios And Have A Great Time With The Best Train Sets!
Looking for an engaging new toy for your toddlers or kids? Nowadays, many toys help your children develop and enhance their cognitive skills; from doll houses to marble runs and play food sets, there’s an option available for every child, whether it’s a boy or a girl. If you want your children to understand the train and motor world better, you should consider purchasing one unique train set! You could go with an entire city train set or start smaller with one of the best small train sets, ideal even for toddlers.
Why not give your child something that can interact with, in an educational way, rather than leaving him in front of a screen and watching cartoons? With the best train set, get ready for an exciting journey in the world of trains, and prepare for endless adventures and scenarios! Check our bing guide to find more about these unique toys!
What is a train set?
A train set is a set of rails, wagons, buildings, bridges and figures that children use to play and create different scenarios and roles. Train sets have been around for a couple of centuries as kids love to play with them throughout these years. It’s a pretend toy that helps your child’s development in more than one way. Very popular and beloved by boys but girls enjoy them as well.
Train sets are popular with younger children between the ages of 3 and 6 as they are excellent in helping them with their hand-eye coordination, motor skills, muscle power and social skills. They are informative and educational as they help them learn shapes, colours, buildings and items related to trains through engaging play.
Why should you buy a train set for your children?
A kid can have numerous benefits by playing with a train, from boosting creativity and imagination to communication and emotional intelligence. Here’s a list of skills that your child can potentially gain from playing with a train set. And this is precisely the reason why you should buy a train set for them.
It’s a toy that requires kids to play together, cooperate and communicate with each other. They can create many different scenarios and adventures using their imagination. They can talk for hours, creating stories and having conversations that never end.
One more advantage of a train set is that there are endless ways to build a track and with different levels of difficulty, making it a game that sparks imagination and creativity and keeps them busy for a very long time. It is known that kids have incredible imagination. So why you don’t put that to the test?
What to look for before buying a train set?
There are a few things that you should check before buying a train set. The following list of things to look for will help you determine which is best for your kid.
You need to check for the recommended age. Most are suitable for ages between 3 and 6, while others are for older kids. You can still buy a train set even for toddlers, but they will need adult supervision. Just make sure your kid has stopped putting things in his or her mouth because trains and the train set pieces are easy to swallow.
In the market, you can find wooden or plastic train sets. Once you decide on the material, you should check the quality. Toddlers and young children must play with toys made from non-toxic plastics and allergy-free paints and woods because they often tend to chew the surfaces. Safety always comes first!
3. Variations & Expansions
The more ways you can build a train set, the better! It will be a life-saver as your kids will never get tired or bored of playing with it. Being able to add expansions to the main core is also a great plus, especially for older children that seek the challenge.
Train sets can be on the expensive side of the gift guide. But not all. Those that are suitable for toddlers start from around £30. They are small in size, simple to build, and they do not have many pieces.
There are also sets that go well over £100, and for a good reason. They are more than just trains. They’re entire cities with many buildings and figures to play with.
Another thing to consider is whether it will be a life-long acquisition or a temporary fun game. If you plan to hand it down from generation to generation, it might be worth it to spend a little extra on a timeless train set.
There is no other toy that unique and exciting as a train set. The children have endless fun and laugh in the tiny worlds they create, acquiring at the same time some necessary skills for their further development. You can never go wrong with a train set for a child. A train set is truly a memorable gift, and rest assured that your little one is going to adore it. In this list, you will find a little boy’s dream toy. Happy playtime!