Best 10 Sofa Beds
As Of July 2022
We did the
Top Pick for Memory Foam Mattress
- Amplify your home decor with its stunning 2 included scatter cushions
- Show off your personality by choosing 1 of 6 colour options in the Lumino fabric
- Stay comfortable through the night with the memory foam mattress
- Unfold it instantly thanks to the quick action mechanism
Host Comfortable Sleepovers With The Best Sofa Beds
Have you recently moved into your new apartment, or are you in the process of renovating your space? Do you enjoy hosting friends over for sleepovers and pyjama parties? Any perfect host can agree that making their guests feel comfortable while spending the night is super important. So, if you're in search of an upgrade to an air mattress, air bed or inflatable sofa, a sofa bed is your best choice!
Sofa beds are highly versatile and multifunctional furniture pieces that you can use either as a standalone sofa seater or as foldable beds when you have friends over. They have a simple mechanism to prop them open or close them, making their assembly a walk in the park.
Do you want to learn more about the features to consider before purchasing the perfect sofa bed for your home? Keep reading below to find out more!
- Number of Seats: Check the number of seats on your sofa bed to pick the one that matches your home’s needs best. The most popular options are either love seats (2-seaters) or 3-seaters. A 2-seater is best suitable for one person to use a sleeping bed, while the 3-seaters work well as a double bed when unfolded.
- Dimensions: The dimensions are also critical to consider as you should find a sofa bed that fits your space. Take some time to review the height, width and depth of your sofa bed, as well as how much bigger it is once fully unfolded. Typically, 3-seaters are close to 200cm wide and 100cm in depth (when folded). There’s ample space for one or two people to sit or lay on the mattress. A 2-seater might be a bit smaller in size, about 150cm wide and up to 90cm deep. Again, this depends on the manufacturer, so check the product description first.
- Mattress Quality: Finding one with a comfortable mattress is essential if you want to use your sofa bed as a sleeping surface. Many come with a foam mattress that’s breathable and comfy for hours of napping. Ensure that you choose a thick mattress that’s durable without causing you discomfort or, even worse, a sore back.
- Design: The sofa bed’s design is also vital as you want to choose one that will look good with the rest of your furniture. A wide range of options is available in many textures, fabrics, and colours. Many prefer going for tones in grey, white, blue or brown as they work well with everything and give you more room for expression with other decorative pieces or furniture.
- Folding Mechanism: Nowadays, most sofa beds are effortless to unfold into a bed, but it’s still important to select one that doesn’t give you a headache to open up. You can pick one of two mechanism options, metal action or click-clack. The metal action ones have a sturdy metal frame and work by uncovering the mattress from within the sofa’s body. Click clack sofa beds are simple to operate as they convert into a bed by clicking the sofa’s backrest downwards into reclining positions until they fall flat.
Drift off into a peaceful and restful night’s sleep even while watching TV in the living room! The best sofa beds are cosy and comfortable for you to enjoy a deep slumber without moving to the bedroom. You can even install them in your guest room as a chic alternative to an air bed or inflatable mattress! Are you ready to catch some Zs?