Best 10 Robot Toys
As Of June 2022
We did the
Best Choice Overall
- Not just a Robot, but a 5 in 1 toy for endless hours of modelling & playing
- Have access to its unlimited capabilities via the mobile phone app
- Super interactive and fun as it has a LED screen with smiley faces & a speaker
- Enhance your child’s engineering skills through one of its coding systems
Top Pick for Interactive Toy
- Control it from a distance simply by ordering it to come towards you
- If your 3-year old likes dancing, you just found a dancing partner for him
- It’ll become their friend as they can chat with its Speak Live You mode
- Your child’s safety comes first; that’s why it’s made from non-toxic plastics
Best Choice for Remote Control
- Keep your kid entertained as it sings & dances 5 different songs
- If you lose the remote control, it’s okay, as it responds to various gesture commands
- Relax at your sofa grab some popcorns & let it move freely as it has a patrol function
- Uninterrupted fun for 60 minutes that will make your 3+-year-old kid jump from excitement
Top Pick for Colour Variations
- Make yourself sound like a robot with its changing voice function
- For lots of fun & laughs, record voices and speed them up
- Cultivate a love for STEM as it truly boosts thinking & creativity
- Different styles & haircuts to choose from, ideal for both boys & girls for ages 3+
Top Choice for Siblings
- Bonding time amongst brothers & sisters with 2 robots & an arena-style fighting experience
- They’ll amaze you with the super cool fighting movements like the combo punch
- Take the excitement to the next level with their realistic sound effects
- Control them remotely with ease & choose 1 of the 3 gameplays
Best Choice for Toddlers
- Does your little bundle of joy ask for a pet? This is it & it responds instantly to voice commands
- It not only looks like a dog but acts like one with its 10 animal form imitations
- If your toddler fancies a dance, this puppy can dance like a pro
- Enjoy playing with it for a long time as it lasts for up to 70 minutes
Most Advanced Robot Toy
- The perfect gift for a kid; a robot that combines advanced technology with creativity
- Build & rebuild any kind of robot imaginable as it’s highly versatile
- Program it from an app hassle-free with its drag-and-drop interface
- It’s so well-designed that it can even solve the Rubik’s cube
Best Educational Choice
- Enhances your 5-12-year-old kids problem-solving skills through smart games & scenarios
- Nurture a little web developer as your little one can learn coding via its apps
- No need to assemble it as it comes in one piece- unwrap & start playing
- Interacts with your child perfectly as it’s fully equipped with sensors
Robot Toys: When Coding & Problem-Solving Becomes A Game
Children nowadays are more exposed to technology than ever before. When we were kids, we couldn’t even imagine a world so technologically advanced and exciting. When technology evolves, so does the toy industry. Out there, you can find not just plain Lego blocks to build houses and vehicles but little robots with a plethora of capabilities from remote and voice control to coding programs. It certainly is an incredible time to be a kid!
Robot toys are an excellent introduction to the world of engineering and robotics, as they enhance and boost all the basic STEM skills that are vital for children’s development. From mathematics and science to coding and programming, robot toys offer every kid a plethora of educational opportunities. If you want to know more about this fantastic product, take a look at our buying guide below!
What are robot toys?
Well, that’s a pretty straightforward question. They’re little toys that a child can interact with, control, and program to do many different tasks such as dancing, singing, moving around or even fighting. What is more, robot toys belong in the category of STEM toys ( science, technology, engineering and mathematics) like marble runs or even lego sets. STEM toys are fun, entertaining and integrate all the basic sciences, making the children explore the scientific world. It’s like school but in its most fun and exciting version.
Why should you buy a robot toy for your children?
Imagine buying a robot toy like an investment. You’re investing in your child’s future. Why? Because robots are nowadays so advanced that they can assist children in acquiring some of the most vital skills for their further development. Not only the STEM skills mentioned above but also:
Building and rebuilding a robot can be a challenging task sometimes. Obstacles might appear all of a sudden, demanding a solution. That is where this particular skill is developed. Solving problems is a challenge that kids are more than happy to accept. They’ll try their best, and in the majority of cases, they’ll succeed.
Robots are not simple tablets or laptops. You have to do certain things to operate them. They are not like computers where you press a button and watch your favourite cartoon. At the end of the day, you’ll learn how digital devices work, how machines operate, and what you need to control them properly. That’s a vital lesson for all kids and will be a necessary skill when they become adults.
Many robot toys are highly versatile, meaning they can be constructed in many different ways. Your little one will use his imagination and create something unique and amazing. It is well known that kids have infinite imagination. So it’s essential to put it into practice, isn’t it?
What to look for when buying a robot toy?
There are a few things that you should check before buying a robot toy. The following will help you determine which one is best for your kid.
1. Recommended Age
Always check the instructions as the manufacturers always state clearly the recommended age of their products. Most of the robots are designed for ages between 6 and 12, as they are more complex than other toys and need a bit of critical thinking to control them. There are some, though, that are good even for toddlers. In any case, adult supervision is always mandatory when it comes to toddlers and their toys.
Complicated robots with lots of parts and digital accessories come with detailed instructions and guides. An adult should be present to read the instructions or even to build and program the toy.
Always check if the toy requires a separate device for operation and programming, like a mobile phone or computer. Some come with apps to install on your phone to make the experience as smooth as possible, and give you a whole bunch of new possibilities and features.
Batteries or charging? Probably the eternal question. Here you can find everything, from battery-powered (AAA batteries) robots to chargeable ones with USB ports to make your life easier. Charging time is usually 120 minutes and the robot can operate for 60 to 70 minutes with a single charge.
As with all things around kids, safety always comes first. Make sure the product you’re about to purchase is made from allergy-free and non-toxic materials. Also, as they have many electrical components and mechanical parts, adult oversight is always good, especially for younger children.
You surely want the best for your little ones, but it’s always good to mind your budget. In the category of robot toys, you can find pretty much everything in a plethora of price tags. They can go as low as £8 to over £400.
There is no other toy with such an educational value. Robot toys are exceptional, exciting and educative at the same time. Enhance your kid’s STEM skills in the most fun and interactive way. They are addicting, and the more you play, the more things you learn. A perfect introduction to the programming world. An ideal toy for your little engineer! Happy playtime!