Best 10 Recliner Chairs For Elderly
As Of July 2022
We did the
Ideal for Comfortable Backrest
- Stretch your body hassle-free with the included footrest & padded backrest
- Take a sip of your drink effortlessly as it comes with 2 cupholders
- Put it together in no time thanks to the straightforward instructions
- Bring a stylish addition to any room with the brown PU leather
Ideal for Spacious Side Pocket
- Adjust the massage settings to your liking with its 5 available modes
- Target specific areas efficiently from your back to your thighs & legs
- Charge your devices while watching TV with the handy USB port
- Give your body plush support with its super soft pads in the cushions
Lounge Comfortably For Hours On End!
Do you have elderly people living at home? Are you looking for a high-quality seating option that they can use without feeling discomfort? There are many types of sofas out there, from sofa beds to inflatable sofas and more, but when it comes to seniors, you should find chairs that are padded and soft enough to have them feeling relaxed for hours on end. That's where the best recliner chairs for elderly come in to give you versatility and a bigger room for adjustment control.
How did these chairs differ from regular recliner chairs? This chair type comes with enhanced features, including heating and massage, a lift and tilt mechanism that assists seniors when trying to get off the seat, and more exciting functionalities.
Want to learn more about what to consider before you purchase one of these recliner chairs? Keep reading below!
- Lift & Tilt Mechanism: One of the most critical things to look for if you’re planning on buying the recliner chair for a senior is a lift & tilt mechanism. Most chairs for the elderly come with either a single or dual motor that assists them with the recline and standing upright function. It’s handy to have this feature because it helps your loved ones sit and get off the chair independently without putting too much pressure on their knees or joints.
- Heating & Massage: Finding a reclining chair with a heat and massage feature can be the greatest gift you give yourself; trust us! These neat features not only help you relax and unwind they also relieve soreness, stress and chronic back pain. They can be highly beneficial for seniors with medical conditions such as arthritis, circulation problems and more.
- Material: Another feature to consider is what type of materials the recliner will be made of as it eases the feeling of comfort while sitting. You can find faux PU leather, textile, velvet, and more options. The material also affects the ease of cleaning the chair and its breathability.
- Adjustability: One of the most essential things to look for in a reclining chair is room for customisation so that you feel the most comfortable while sitting. Most come with adjustability on the headrest, backrest, footrest, and recline up to 160 degrees.
- Weight Capacity: Check the chair’s weight capacity through the product description. Most can handle any body type as they are wide and sturdy. But, to have peace of mind, look at their weight-bearing in the description. Models can range at bearing weights from 100kg to 200kg.
- Accessories: Most, if not all, recliner chairs include neat compartments for accessories to make your life easier and keep everything within arm’s reach. They can have cupholders on the edge of the armrest or a side pocket as storage for your personal items. Also, many come with a remote control that lets you adjust the chair’s settings with ease.
Give the seniors in your life a comfortable way to spend their downtime lounging in a recliner chair for elderly! These state of the art chairs are durable, high-quality and built to withstand wear and tear. Bringing one of these into your home will allow you to relieve discomfort while watching your favourite TV series. And, your grandparents won’t need help getting off the chair thanks to their lift and tilt function. So, which movie are you going to watch first?