Best 10 Electric Blankets
As Of June 2022
We did the
Best Choice for Full Mattress Coverage
- Stay in bed all day as it’s made of cosy microfleece material
- Maintain your body temperature comfy with the 3 settings
- Feel the warmth in just a few minutes thanks to the ultra-fast heating
- Avoid accidents if the temperature is too high with the auto-off overheat protection
Get All Comfy & Cosy With The Best Electric Blanket
When winters arrive, there is no better moment than jumping into a blanket, duvet or quilt. But, you need to wait for a long to make it warm from the inside, isn’t it? Now, imagine this! You got into the blanket, and it heats up in just a few minutes, or it is already heated before you climb in. How about that? It will be so cool and convenient, right?
So, let’s talk about electric blankets. Grab your hot water bottle, and let’s break it down! They should be the ultimate addition to your winter bed. All you need to do is just jump into the blanket and make yourself comfortable. If you are looking forward to buying one, check out the coming sections to help you choose the best one for you!
How do electric blankets work?
An electric blanket includes a series of thin wires that are interconnected and protected by the heat-resistant fabric coating. These wires provide steady heat to your blanket once it is plugged into the electric socket. The wires usually heat to the desired temperature, which helps you sleep or stay warm before bed.
Some of the users typically prefer to use electric linen for heating the bed only. On the contrary, others prefer to use the best electric blankets to stay cosy and warm throughout the night.
Heated blankets are the best option when you wish to stay cosy and warm in the chilly winters. However, the top electric blankets are those that include all the features that offer you the highest comfort level. Below, you should look for some of the features when purchasing a new electric blanket from online retailers or anywhere else.
A warm blanket is great, but if it is scratchy, it can keep you from enjoying the warmth of a heated blanket. Luckily, there are various heated blankets available for purchase in the market made from soft microfiber fabrics. These throws and soft blankets provide a cosy feeling to touch.
Also, there are sherpa-style under blankets that have faux fur and are fuzzy. The major benefit of using these polyester microfiber blankets is that they are washer washable, and their maintenance is easy. You’ll get a variety of material options to choose from, but it is best to keep the use, comfort and maintenance in mind while picking one.
Everyone has a different preference when it comes to relaxing and chill. Some people prefer to get onto the bed and sleep, while some are interested in lounging around the house. However, you should always consider whether you want a throw for your bed or something else.
Purchasing a comforter-size double control electric blanket will be enough for your sitting space along with using less energy. You will get multiple size options in the throw blanket category in the market. Nonetheless, if you are focusing on finding an electric fleecy blanket to keep your whole bed warm, you should probably go for twin size to king size blankets.
Dual Temperature Control
Having a heated blanket with dual degrees settings is beneficial if you’ll be sharing a blanket with someone else. It provides access to both you and your partner to have control over your area of blanket. By doing this, no one of both will feel too hot or too cold, and they can have different temperature changes according to their convenience.
Double Control blankets are becoming more common in households. But the cost of these blankets is more than the single temperature versions. That’s because of the different settings for temperature and convenience it provides to users.
The efficiency of electricity used by your heated blanket should also be an important point for consideration. The primary function of the blanket is to provide heat blanket’s and warmness, but it should not use more than the required electricity.
A heating large blanket that comprises the use of more than normal electricity to warm is considered highly inefficient. Not only this, but it can be a bit dangerous to use such blankets for long hours. Therefore, look for blankets that come with a protection feature for excess heat to keep your safety standards on top.
Finding the ideal electric blankets can be more simple by considering these features:
- Foreheat Time: You would not like to enter in cold blankets after the whole day hassle. Therefore, choose a blanket with a foreheat time of 8 to 15 minutes that can provide you with a warm bed for a peaceful sleep. The foreheat time can be more than 15 minutes but try to find one having between 8 to 15 minutes.
- Temperature Settings: These settings are important as they provide you with comfortable levels of heat for sleep. However, the basic settings for temperature should be between 3 to 10 settings so that you can get the heat of your comfort level.
- Timer Settings: This setting mainly comes in two different modes. The first one has a time range like 1 to 8 hours from which you can set any according to your convenience. However, the second timer mode has a specific number of hours like 1, 3, 4, 6, 10 or 12 hours. So, you’ll have to find one that suits your needs.
Are electric blankets safe?
Most people wonder whether using an electric blanket is safe or not. The answer to this question is yes; they are safe. That’s because most electric blankets available in the market come with automatic shut-off features to ensure users’ safety. The estimated time for throw blankets to get automatically turned off is between 2 to 10 hours.
Moreover, to be on the safe side, you should also follow the use and care instructions. Also, you can check the micro-fleece electric blanket manual. This will provide you with a rough idea of how many volts and levels of heat it can handle from the power supply.
After checking the power supply, you can use a power adapter for the outlets serving higher voltage. This will help you avoid the overheating of the blankets and also prevent damage.
Can I use my electric blanket while sleeping?
Electric large size blankets are the ideal option to stay warm on those chilly winter nights. You can use them while sleeping but keeping all the safety tips in mind. The top electric blankets arrive with a feature of different settings of heat so; you can keep the settings for the temperature at the lowest level while sleeping.
These settings change the supply of voltage and maintain the warmth of the blanket. If you are planning to stay safe with high settings on, then investing in blankets with an automatic shut off feature is the best thing. This feature will turn off the power supply to the over blanket after a specified period to maintain safety.
Do electric blankets raise your heating bill?
The electric blankets are a cheaper alternative to those heaters present in your house. If your blanket consumes 200 watts (wattage limit is mentioned in the user manual), then leaving it on for 10 watts uses two kilowatts-hour. The cost would be quite nominal, and it changes depending upon your location.
It can be a money-saving investment for you to purchase these throw blankets. That’s because they will let you turn the heat level down at night, leading to low use of energy and electricity units. Most users have this misconception that using electric blankets would be heavy on their pockets, but it is actually not.
How to take care of your electric blanket?
The first thing you need to do to take care of your electric blanket is to follow all the care and use instructions. Have a look over the user manual that comes along with your electric blanket for safety. Here are some extra tips to consider.
- You should always try to keep your super large size electric blanket spread out evenly.
- Ensure that it is not assembled in a ball position on the side of the bed as it can damage the wires.
- Always unplug your warm bed blanket when not in use and neatly fold it to keep it in intact condition.
- In case of any brown spots, you should instantly look for a replacement as it is a sign of overheating.
- You can purchase a mattress protector to keep your memory foam mattress safe from the damage caused due to heat from the blanket.
- The settings of temperature should be kept according to the power supply and heat requirement.
Can I wash my electric blanket in my washing machine?
The older model of the electric blankets needs hand washing while the newer ones can be machine-washed easily. The larger blankets come with a disconnectable plug that allows you to wash your electric blanket in the machine. On the other hand, the smaller heating pads do not come with a detachable wire, so they need to be hand-washed.
The electric faux fur blankets can be washed in a machine but not in the same manner as the regular ones. Below are steps for washing heated throw blankets safely in a machine.
- Get rid of loose debris or dust mites from your electric blanket.
- Disassemble the cable cord and power control of blanket
- Put it in the washing machine and select the water degrees settings as per the user manual (mostly it is 30°C or 40°C)
- Dry the electric blanket in the dryer and hang it evenly spread
Can I tumble dry my electric blanket?
It is possible to tumble dry the electric blanket as long as the heat level is low in your dryer. Usually, it is suggested to keep it in the dryer for 2 minutes and after that spread it in the sun for a better drying process. If your dryer doesn’t have a low settings mode of heat, then it is best to let the blanket dry naturally.
Always keep in mind…
So, right about now, we can say that an electric blanket is the absolute investment to make for winter. It will not only keep you warm, but as per studies a person sleeps faster in the warm environment, and an electric blanket can help you with that.
If you are planning to buy one, this guide has all the information to help you decide best which one is the right one for you. Keep all these factors in mind, and we are confident you’ll make the right choice! Find your best electric blanket, and feel the difference each night!