Best 10 Body Sunscreens
As Of July 2022
We did the
Avoid Sunburn While Enjoying the Outdoors All Day
A body sunscreen is perfect for keeping yourself safe, healthy and sun-protected when you’re exposed outdoors. The sun’s rays can be very harmful if you don’t apply a cream, lotion or moisturiser with some SPF protection. Stay outside for extended periods without applying some sunscreen and you run the risk of getting a sunburn, or, even worse, causing severe skin damage and skin ageing. That’s because the sun has UVA and UVB rays that are linked to serious medical conditions. But, you can avoid all of this by simply spraying on some sunscreen. Bask with confidence while lying on a sunlounger or under a parasol all day long!
There are some considerations that you should take into account to pick the healthiest and best body sunscreen in the market. Depending on who you’re buying it for, there are separate ones for adults and children. A child’s skin is more sensitive than adults, so you should look for the highest sun protection, i.e. SPF 50+. Here are some other worthy considerations:
- SPF Protection: There are many different types of SPF protection, from as little as SPF10 to SPF50+. The higher the SPF, the more protection you are guaranteed from the sun.
- Broad Spectrum: Your sunscreen should be broad spectrum, which means that it covers both UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays are responsible for medical conditions such as skin cancer, while UVB rays cause sunburns. It’s best to have both protection in your sunscreen.
- Water-Resistant: Try to find a water-resistant sunscreen because it lasts longer even after you dip inside the water. Some have water resistance for up to 4 hours while others require you to reapply the sunscreen sooner.
- Skin Type: Check the product description to see if it’s suitable for all skin types or a specific type. That’s more important if you have sensitive skin, so look for hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free and paraben-free options.
- Texture: A non-greasy and non-sticky sunscreen feels better on the skin and is not uncomfortable to sit in for many hours. It’s essential for oily and shiny skin types. Opt for an absorbent sunscreen for the most comfortable feel as if you haven’t applied anything on your skin.
With the best body sunscreens, you have the perfect ally to avoid sun damage. Keep your skin looking fresh, vibrant and young without spots and freckles. Your older self will thank you! Find the type of sunscreen that you enjoy applying the most from various types such as creams, sprays, lotions and mists. Use it every day and protect your skin so that it always looks and feels healthy! Check them out today!